Monday, 8 February 2010
5 Eco Money Saving Valentine’s Day Gifts!
Valentine’s Day gifts are inherently somewhat personal, so there may be fewer conversations amongst friends or around the dinner table about ideas for eco money saving Valentine’s Day gifts. We English are happy to share tips about saving energy in the home or where the nearest recycling points are, but what about your love life? Here’s my no holds barred, top 5 eco money saving Valentine’s Day gifts!
1. Pants to Poverty! These pants are made from fair-trade and organic cotton, starting at £7 a pair. Established in 2005, the company has a serious mission behind its comic marketing. Pesticide pollution, empowering women and economic empowerment for farmers in India. Pants to Poverty aims to “rid the world of bad pants”, saying “we want our pants to be completely transparent”. They mean in terms of the production process, of course.
2. Eco Condoms! Yes, you read that right. A pack of 12 costs £8.99. French Letter have brought out eco friendly condoms made from FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified rubber, so the planet doesn’t suffer while you have fun! They carry the BSI (British Standards Institution) kite mark, so they are as safe as any other brand.
3. For Her: BaByliss Eco Hair Dryer 5137U, £18.45 from John Lewis. Products in the home that heat things up tend to use the most energy. This hair dryer gives you the powerful drying performance of a conventional 2000 watt dryer, but uses only 1000 watts, saving you money on your energy bill. You could get her an eco kettle, but a hair dryer seems more appropriate for Valentine’s Day!
4. For Him: The Jimi Wallet, starting at £6. Made from 100% recycled materials, the Jimi wallet is water resistant and therefore already popular with blokes who enjoy their outdoor activities, particularly cycling and snow sports.
5. Bamboo Candles, starting at £9. Bamboo is a multi-purpose, eco-friendly grass that, when harvested, carries on growing again. Bamboo candles are filled with soy wax, an annually renewable resource which is non-toxic, biodegradable, and virtually soot and smoke free. It’s so soft, you can even use it as a massage oil when it’s warm.
Follow me each day on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ecoexperttv
Posted by Eco Expert at 14:08
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you Atul Srivastava for sharing Eco friendly gifts saving lots of money.Wish you all the best besides Wish you a Happy Valentine's day.ReplyDelete
More Valentine Gift Ideas!|Hot Deals,Learn More!